Players will adventure in the depths of Watatsumi Island.
With the Genshin Impact 2.3 update in the rearview mirror, miHoYo has set its sights on the 2.4 update. Update 2.4 is scheduled to be released on January 5 and will take players to a new area under the sea, Enkanomiya, a floating island under lightning. In addition to the new character banner, miHoYo will also add new activities for players to participate and receive rewards. The following is what we know about Update 2.4 so far.
Genshin Impact update 2.4: Explore the mysterious location of Ennomiya
As the leak suggests, Genshin Impact Update 2.4 will open up a new location under Watatsumi Island. Round Palace is a floating island under lightning, which has been sealed off for thousands of years. Because it is sealed underground, there is no natural day-night cycle. Instead, miHoYo stated that players will use an artificial sun developed by ancient civilizations when exploring the area.
Genshin Impact update 2.4: Yunjin and Shenhe debut
Yunjin and Shenhe are two new characters who will dominate the headlines in the first banner event of the update starting on January 5th. MiHoYo said that they are great support roles.
- Yunjin: Yun Jin is a popular singer and dancer in Liyue Port and is currently the director of Yunhan Opera Troupe. She is a four-star Geo user, wielding a powerful long-handled weapon. Her Elemental Burst, Cliffbreaker’s Banner will cause area damage and provide additional damage to teammates based on Yunjin’s defensive attributes. Her elemental skills enable her to form a shield that absorbs elemental and physical damage.
- Shen He: Shenhe is a five-star frozen polearm user from the Exorcist clan. She also happens to be a disciple of the Shouyun people. Her elemental explosion, the rescue of the holy girl, caused a huge range of effect damage through the spiritual talisman roaming on the battlefield. Call of Spring, her elemental skills, release the same spirit and provide benefits for teammates.
Xiao, Gan Yu and Zhong Li will also appear in the rebroadcast. If you haven’t already, now may be a good time to start saving your Primogems.
- Xiao: Xiao is a powerful five-star Anemo adeptus. Away from most people, he spends his time at Wangshu Inn.
- Ganyu: Another five-star master, Gan Yu is Leng Gongshi, and the general secretary of Li Yue Qixing.
- Zhong Li: Commonly known as Morax, the Archon of the Lands, Zhong Li gave up his gnosis and now works in the Wangsheng funeral home.
Genshin Impact update 2.4: New weapons, monsters and events
Although update 2.4 did not add a lot of new items, players still have a lot to do as the Lantern Festival returns to Liyue. And after the Jade Chamber was destroyed in the previous Archon mission, players can cooperate with Ning Guang to rebuild it.
- The fleeting colors in flight: Players need to prepare for the Lantern Festival by helping the locals and Ning Guang. This includes rebuilding the jade room, participating in various mini games, and even fighting some monsters on the way.
- Wind trails: Described as a classic game in the history of Mondstadt, Windtrace saw players split into two camps (hunters and rebels), and then they competed over disputed areas.
- Eight views of mountains and seas: The full content of this event is not yet known, but during this period the player will travel with the raccoon.
- Potions research: Help the local alchemists in Mondstadt make new potions and get rewards for your hard work.
- Hangout: Added a Hangout between Yunjin and Ning Guang.
- Calamity Queller (five-star polearm)
- Vision of the deep sea: These Vishaps hunt in groups and use their surroundings to gain an advantage in battle.
- Lecturer of the Abyss: Unfathomable Flame: These abyss lecturers will launch powerful Pyro attacks, which can damage the character regardless of whether they have a shield or not.
Genshin Impact update 2.4: release date
MiHoYo will release update 2.4 on January 5, 2022. As always, whenever an update is released, you can expect server maintenance to begin at around 6 am China Standard Time (5 pm Eastern Time / 2 pm Pacific Time) and last from four to six hours . Correspondingly, players will be compensated for downtime using Primogems.
Free on Google Play Store
Genshin Impact always develops in exciting and sometimes unexpected ways. Now is the best time to join and start the journey through Teyvat. With frequent updates and collection of dozens of characters, you will never be bored.