For some of the best Android phones, WhatsApp is one of the best Android messaging apps. If you’re in India and Brazil, you can now use WhatsApp to send payments from within the service. In India, the feature relies on the country’s Unified Payments Interface (UPI) framework to facilitate remittances. You can use WhatsApp to send and receive money to your friends and family. Here’s how to start paying on WhatsApp.
How to set up payments on WhatsApp
To start paying on WhatsApp, you first have to link your bank account to the service. UPI mainly uses your phone number and the service is available for all major banks in India. The best part is that even if you don’t have a UPI account set up with your bank, you can use the payment option in WhatsApp as it will create a new UPI ID for you. The setting method is as follows:
- Open WhatsApp From the app drawer or home screen.
- choose Action overflow menu (three vertical dots in the upper right corner).
- choose Add a new payment method.
- choose accept and continue Start.
choose your bank from the list. Ideally, this should be your main UPI account.
- You now need to verify your phone number. Make sure that the WhatsApp number you are using is the same number registered in your bank account.hit Verify by SMS Verify your bank account.
- hit allow Let WhatsApp verify that the SIM card is the one registered in your account.
tap allow Let WhatsApp send a text again to verify your account.
- WhatsApp will now verify with your bank and withdraw all accounts registered with your number. Choose the one you’d like to use to complete payment setup.
- hit complete Finish setting up WhatsApp Pay.
You should now see the payment method listed on the Payments page.
How to send and receive money via WhatsApp
Sending and receiving money via WhatsApp is easy. Payment options are displayed directly in the dialog window, making transfers (or requests) as seamless as possible:
- select contact You want to receive money.
- In the dialog window, select clip icon.
- select amount You want to send (you can also add a note).
- enter your UPI password.
Once the transaction is complete, you will see a confirmation message directly in the conversation window.
It’s all here. WhatsApp allowing users to make UPI transactions within the app is a big deal, making it easier than ever to send and receive money from your contacts. WhatsApp’s payments service works as well as budget options on the best Android phones, and it’s hassle-free.
Leave a Reply