The controller and the first-party game also shared new details.
What you need to know
- Sony shared more details of its next version of PlayStation VR at the 2022 International Consumer Electronics Show.
- The company confirmed that the system is called PlayStation VR2 or PSVR2.
- Sony also released a first-party game called Horizon Call of the Mountain for the system.
At CES 2022, Sony officially revealed that the next generation of PlayStation VR is called PlayStation VR2, or PSVR2. This next-generation VR is built exclusively for PS5. These controllers are called PlayStation VR2 Sense controllers and have the same haptic feedback and adaptive triggers as DualSense.
Sony also shared some technical specifications of PlayStation VR2:
- 4K HDR, 110 degree FOV
- 2000×2040 per eye
- Gaze point rendering
- Headphone-based internal and external tracking
- USB-C connection
- OLED display
- 3D audio
- 90hz/120hz refresh rate support
There is still no news about the price or release date of the headset, or look at the official design. Along with the news of this official name, Sony also launched a first-party game called Horizon Call of the Mountain for the system. It was developed by Guerrilla Games and Firesprite, the latter of which was recently acquired and added to PlayStation Studios. You can view the trailers of the following games:
Naturally, this game takes place in the same universe as Horizon Zero Dawn and Horizon Forbidden West. Players can even meet Aloi with other characters.
PlayStation Store Gift Card
- From $10 on Amazon
- Best Buy starts at $10
- From $20 at Walmart
Easy to stock up
PlayStation gift cards are a simple way to get money for games, add-ons, themes, etc. on the PlayStation Store. Even if you don’t have a game console, it is very suitable for playing some PS5 games.